Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Learning

I love learning things. However I do get carried away with it and end up trying to learn WAY too many things. It's always a trade off between breadth and depth. However, currently my list is

Psychology - have a bunch of books I'm wading through
Philosophy - I keep wading through a bunch of stuff
Drawing - I didn't mean to do this one, but it's fun
Mindmapping - Revisiting this, am using it for helping to learn psychology and philosophy
Speed Reading - Revisiting this also, I got a stack of books to get through and need to get my reading speed up.
Lua - Scripting Language
Software Design - solidifying my ideas and researching a wide variety of approaches

Oh, and something else that I started doing in the new year (though it doesn't have anything to do with learning) is based on this cool idea I came across. The idea is that on the 1st of Jan, you do a push up and a sit up, on the 2nd, you do 2 pushups and 2 situps, and onwards and upwards till your doing 365 pushups and situps at the end of the year. I thought this was a great idea! Except, I found this a bit too easy, so I modified it to be a little more ambitious, so now I'm increasing every day by 3, this way I will be doing over a 1000 pushups and situps by the end of the year, today it was 85, tomorrow, 88.

No comments: