Thursday, December 07, 2006

The nutty world of religion

Well, I've just had one of those odd evenings of internet browsing!

I was first browsing franks site which is a place where I like to comment on various things. Then I went over to emergent kiwi where theres a really interesting post on "hard questions". It's going to be really interesting to see how that works out, there's some really curly ones in there that I have been ponderng. From there I went to Tim abbotts site which then had an interesting link to Magic Statistics which then had an interesting reference to "Muslim Village" where I was reading through this topic which had a pointer to a contraditiction in the bible which was between II CHRONICLES 36 and II KINGS 24 about the age of Jehoiachin. Which when I first went to biblegateway it said his age was eighteen in both passages (in the NIV), so I switched it into King James and it stated his age as eight in one passage and eighteen in the other. (and google searches shows theres a bunch of debate about this...). anyways, after reading more of the muslim village topic I was interested in seeing what contradictions there were in the koran, which a google search showed a bunch of, but I came across "Putting the bible in perspective" and another page "Paul vs Jesus" which contained a bunch of some of my thinkings and a lot of other interesting thoughts and observations.

It's left me a bunch of things to ponder! However, if you do wade through all that stuff, go have a look at one of my fav youtube clips "Urban Ninja" which looks like its a lot easier than making sense of religion :-)

No comments: